Members enjoy a number of benefits and take part in a variety of programs, including a series of professional development activities:
- A three-day professional development conference held each year at the Hotel Hershey.
- One-day professional development workshops.
- CUPRAP Communications Internship Award for Students of Color -- an annual award for minority students interested in pursuing careers in communications.
- CUPRAP Annual Membership Directory.
- CUPRAP Web site, with links to members and resources.
- CUPRAP LISTSERV
- Arthur V. Ciervo Award -- awarded to a public relations professional, president, higher education advocate, public official, or outstanding faculty or staff member who exemplifies CUPRAP's fundamental purposes of supporting and advancing the understanding of higher education.
- Don Hale Award -- awarded annually to a CUPRAP member who has significantly contributed to the organization.